GEORGIOS POLIOUDAKIS AND CO is a floriculture enterprise founded on 14/02/1991 in the area of Stavromenos of the Arkadi Municipality in Rethymno, Crete.
The initial setup covered approximately 4,000 sq. m. of greenhouses in Stavromenos, however nowadays further expansion has lead to a total of 20,000 sq. m. of modern greenhouse installations both in the areas of Stavromenos and Latzimas. From its early years, the company has established a very strong presence in the local market due to specialized training and the experience level of the company's associates as well as the modern organizational methods employeed.
General Manager: Georgios M. Polioudakis, graduate of the Agronomics School of Athens. Born in Rethymno, Crete.
- Graduated in 1985 as an agronomist from the School of Agronomics in Athens. For the first years of his career he worked with the Bureau of Agriculture in the prefecture of Rethymno.
- In 1988 he started a floriculture business for the production of gatherable flowers.
- While initially focused on the production of roses soon chrysanthemums, solidago, gypsophila as well as other seasonal plants are added to the range of products.
- Aiming to increase the quality of production, he attends a training course on investments in agriculture and planning improvements.
- He attended a training course for Microsoft software.
- He recently took part in the ISO 9001:2008 & Internal Inspection program.
- Mr Polioudakis attends numeral exhibitions inside and outside of Greece always staying informed on subjects of modern greenhouse equipment and new varieties of plants and materials.
Sales and Distribution: Birlaki Rigousa, graduate of the Technical School of Agronomics, faculty of plant production. Born in Rethymno, Crete.
- Graduated in 1986 as an agronomist from the Technical School of Agronomics.
- In 1989 she was hired by the Association of Farming Co-operatives in the department of farming chemicals where she worked as a sales manager.
- From 1991 she works as a sales and distribution manager in GEORGIOS POLIOUDAKIS AND CO.
In charge of production is an agronomics graduate specialized in greenhouse-based production. All processes and quality carry an ISO 9001:2000 certification.